Friday, May 9, 2014

Be Still. A Prayer for Peace.

Be Still - Steffany Frizzell Gretzinger & Bethel Music

The last few days, I've been thinking a lot on the phrase "Be still and know that I am God" (Ps 46:10) and this morning I was listening to the above song from Bethel. It's been in my head as I've been pondering on this verse and really longing in my heart to truly be still.

This was my prayer this morning that I wrote in my notebook and I felt nudged to share it here...

Yes, God, teach me to look into Your eyes, to be still and rest in You, to be still and KNOW that You are God alone, to stop trying to "do" it all but to "be still" in my heart and watch You work. Teach me to release my worries and cares into Your hands and let You resolve it, let You carry me through, to do my assignment only, to listen and know my part and leave the rest to You. God help me to have the wisdom to live skillfully! Let me be known as someone who can fix anything!

Jesus, HELP! Help me to release the burdens that are not mine to carry, let me put them back in Your capable, strong, loving, tender hands. You've got this. I can rest (Ps 62:1). It's not for me to do it all, but let me do my part well and then rest and trust in you. Thank You, Jesus, for Your burden is easy and light (Matt 11:30). It is what I was made to carry and You make it comfortable and easy. I can do this with You, for You take most of it, all of it really, and You support me in my tasks and lead and guide me (Ps 31:3).

Yes, let me walk in Your Presence. Let me soak and rest in Your Peace (Eph 2:14). Let it cover me. Let it fill me. Let it surround me. Let it ooze out of me and slop onto all those around me. Peace, peace, peace, PEACE. No fear, no worries, no anxiety. Just You. Just Peace. You've got this! You are with us (Ps 23:4) and nothing is too hard for You (Jeremiah 32:17)! Nothing is impossible with You (Luke 1:37)! So I bind fear, anxiety, worry, and in their place I bless PEACE, trust, and rest, overwhelming and overflowing, transcending all understanding, guarding our hearts and minds in Christ Jesus (Phil 4:6-7). AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment